The Network's Legal Advocacy Training
Ensuring Survivors Access Justice & Care Training is open to member organizations only. The training series will be delivered from 9 AM to 12:30 PM over seven days starting November 2 through November 17. CEUs will be provided for a small fee. Below is a break down of the training days.
We prefer that participants attend as many sessions as they can but we understand that it is a big time commitment, which is why certain sessions are marked as 'mandatory' while others are needs-based.
We look forward to having you there!
Day 1: November 2 (Mandatory session)
- Understanding fundamentals of Legal Advocacy & the IDVA with Life Span
Day 2: November 3 (Mandatory session)
- Court advocacy and the criminal legal system with Life Span
Day 3: November 7
- Immigration Options Available to Victims of Sexual Harm & Domestic Violence with Northern Illinois Justice for Our Neighbors
- Compensation Programs and Legal Resources for DV survivors with Ascend Justice
Day 4: November 9
- Understanding Civil Rights Laws by Legal Aid Chicago - Title VII and IX
Day 5: November 15
- Pretrial Fairness Act of Illinois with The Network (Mandatory session)
- After-hours Orders of Protection Program with Connections for Abused Women & their Children
- Firearm Safety Planning + Toolkit with The Network
Day 6: November 16
- Know all about Sexual Assault Advocacy with Pathways - Swedish Covenant Hospital
Day 7: November 17 (Mandatory session)
- Navigating conflicts and forging collabs with key players in the court with The Network